Simple Dirty Rice.
You can cook Simple Dirty Rice using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Dirty Rice
- Prepare 4 cup of parboiled rice.
- Prepare 1 of med chicken liver.
- Prepare 1 of small red pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh garlic.
- Prepare Dash of yellow food coloring.
- Prepare Dash of cumin.
- You need Dash of oregano.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need 2 cubes of or small packs of chicken bullion.
- You need 1/2 cup of bacon bits (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of canned peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of canned sweet corn.
- You need 2 of tblsp olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 8 oz of beer (light).
Simple Dirty Rice step by step
- Boil chicken liver for 10 min or until cooked, let cool and dice finely.
- Sauté onion, pepper,and garlic in the olive oil about 3 to 4 min,then add the wine and bring to boil.
- Add rice, bullion and seasonings, a pinch of coloring,oregano, cumin, salt& pepper, bacon bits,,bay leaf, along with 4 cup of water, cover and cook on med for 20 min. Uncover, add the beer, the corn and the peas, mix well and let cook for another 5 to 6 min. Adjust seasonings for final taste. Serve and enjoy.