Mama's 'Spanish' rice… deep south style. There are things that are southern but then again there are things that are termed "deep south." Deep South, means, "it don't get no more southern than this. How To Make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice. Whatever You Call It, We've Got The Best And Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe You Can Find.
This recipe is called spanish STYLE so it's inspired by spanish rice but a bit different. Don't judge the recipe based on you not being able to read the title geez. Spanish Rice from Deep South Dish blog – a side dish made with bacon, rice, tomatoes, the Trinity of veggies and a few simple seasonings. You can cook Mama's 'Spanish' rice… deep south style using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mama's 'Spanish' rice… deep south style
- You need 1 can of lrg can diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of bacon grease.
- You need 2 cup of cooked rice.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of * if tomatoes are fresh dice 5 large tomatoes to use.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
We love copycat recipes, especially this healthier version of Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice. You'll never wait in line for takeout again! The original version of this recipe was given to me by a Mexican friend, but I've modified the spices to suit my family's tastes. It's become a favorite at our house—see if it doesn't do the same at yours! —Melissa Pride, Plano, Texas.
Mama's 'Spanish' rice… deep south style instructions
- if using fresh tomatoes …. Peel and dice..
- put bacon grease in skillet cook onion. cook onion until soft..
- add tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic powder..
- let cook until it starts boiling. turn it down on low..
- all the water will cook out and it will get thick and begin frying..
- mix tomato mixture with the 2 cups of cooked rice..
Mama's Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice (Arroz con Pollo). One cook's "Spanish" rice is another's "Mexican." Whatever the name, the result is more or less the same: an orange pilaf-style rice flavored with onion and garlic and flecked with carrot. Tomato paste further tints this colorful companion to all things Tex-Mex. She not only spoke Spanish fluently, she also taught spanish to the police force, and anyone else who Her recipe for Spanish Rice will have your taste buds begging for more. I still remember as a child how we all gathered around the dining table, blessed the food.