New Mexico Style Green Chile.
You can have New Mexico Style Green Chile using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of New Mexico Style Green Chile
- You need 4 lb of Pork roast.
- You need 3 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 3 cup of Roasted green chile.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 32 oz of Chicken broth.
- It’s 1 can of Diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garlic salt or 3 cloves fresh garlic.
- It’s 2 of Potatoes (optional).
- You need 5 tbsp of Olive oil.
New Mexico Style Green Chile step by step
- Fry pork in small bite size pieces in oil.
- Add flour to meat & continue to fry until four turns brown (5 mins).
- Add potatoes (optional in the old days this is how they made it stretch in big families).
- Add chicken broth.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add chile.
- Add onions.
- Cook on med heat until think and tasty (20-30 mins or until potatoes are soft).