Roti (Indian Bread). In a large bowl, sift or whisk together flour and salt. It is also known as roti. Ideally, I use the traditional Indian roti griddle called a 'tava.' Roti Recipe (Indian Flatbread).
Since they are thin and light, they are traditionally served alongside. Indian breads are a wide variety of flatbreads and crêpes which are an integral part of Indian cuisine. Their variation reflects the diversity of Indian culture and food habits. You can have Roti (Indian Bread) using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roti (Indian Bread)
- Prepare 3 cups of Wheat Flour.
- You need Half of a cup of water (add more if req).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
Learn more about the Indian bread here. I'm here to tell you about the unsung star of the Indian bread family: roti (also known as chapati)—easy to make, extremely versatile, and a sturdy base for. Roti is Indian flat bread made with whole-wheat flour. Roti are served with a variety of cooked vegetables, lentils, and yogurt.
Roti (Indian Bread) instructions
- Put the 3 cups of wheat flour, half tbsp of salt into a bowl, then gradually add the water (15 ml at the start) and mix well. When it has formed a dough, use your hands to knead it for a few minutes until it forms a soft, smooth bowl. Wrap in plastic wrap and leave to rest for at least 30 mins..
- After the resting time, remove the dough from the plastic wrap, and make it into a golf ball-sized ball. Flatten with your hand, then with a floured rolling pin, roll out to form a disc about 20 cm in diameter and 2 mm thick..
- Heat a frying pan/tawa until very hot. Cook the chapatis one at a time for approx. 1-2 mins one side, until the dough bubbles and these bubbles turns brown. Then topple it to cook the other side. One side should be cooked 50% lesser than the other..
- Remove from the heat and brush it with melted ghee or butter. Serve hot. (Pic: it was served with masala egg poach (Egg burji))..
In North India, roti is part of the main meal. Rotli or Roti is yet another type of unleavened Indian bread that can be enjoyed with any vegetable or curry. Rotli, as they are known in Gujarat, India, are rolled very thin making them light and soft. Indian bread or roti is an unleavened flatbread that is made in almost every Methi missi roti is a traditional North Indian flatbread made with whole wheat flour, gram flour. Roti and chapati are both unleavened wheat-flour breads rolled out much thinner than naan and cooked Paratha is another important Indian bread to know, so essential we have a separate page.