Sweet and sour cod fish. Sweet and Sour Fish is a very popular dish in China, and it's almost always served as a whole fish. The dish tends to be quite expensive, as it's usually straight out of a live fish tank and served with a pretty fancy presentation. While I'm working on the recipe for the banquet-style whole sweet and.
Seabass, perch, trout, and snapper are great options as well. Avoid delicate fish such as cod, which will fall apart easily once cooked. Sweet and sour fish comes together really fast, so make sure you have everything all set before you begin. You can cook Sweet and sour cod fish using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour cod fish
- It’s 1 of whole cod fish (about 1 kg), cleaned and gutted.
- You need of Oil, for deep frying.
- Prepare of Plain flour, seasoned with pinch salt and pepper.
- It’s 500 ml of watter.
- Prepare 250 ml of brown vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoon of cornflour.
- You need Drop of sesame oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Spring onion and capsicum thinly sliced for garnish.
I used Pacific rock cod with this recipe, but you could use any relatively firm, white fish. I'd suggest anything from walleye to striped bass to redfish to grouper, snapper, black seabass, catfish. Sweet and sour fish is breaded fish in a delicious sweet and sour sauce with an assortment of fruits and vegetables. You can basically use any kind of white fish for this recipe such as tilapia, halibut, bass, cod, etc.
Sweet and sour cod fish instructions
- Score the flesh of the fish at intervals of about 3 cm on both sides. This will make it easier to cook through. While the oil is heating in a wok or large frying pan, dust fish with the seasoned flour. Deep-fry the fish, turning once. Remove from the oil and drain, then place on a serving platter..
- Combine the water, vinegar, sugar and tomato sauce in a saucepan. Add vegetables and bring to the boil. (If using pineapple pieces, add at the last minute and allow to heat in the sauce before pouring over the fish.).
- Make a paste of the cornflour in a little water, then stir into the vinegar and sugar sauce to thicken it. Add sesame oil. Season. Serve with fish with rice or any side you like. Springkel with sliced spring onion and capsicum..
It is always good to try and find nice meaty fillets if possible. Lovely, flaky cod in batter with sweet and sour sauce, what more could one ask for? To make the sweet and sour sauce: In a saucepan pour the vinegar and add the granulated sugar in, heat these up on a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Lets do some Chinese take out dinner. Who doesn't love fish, fried and tossed in sauce.