Chapati. Our Chapati Recipes section contains an assortment of popular chapatti recipes. Chapati is an authentic Indian dish and forms an integral part of standard Indian meal. My daughter and I used to make this chapati recipe frequently.
The East African Chapati is very similar to the Indian Paratha (one of the most popular unleavened flatbreads in India). In a large bowl, stir together the flours and salt. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the olive oil and enough water to make a soft dough that is elastic but. You can cook Chapati using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chapati
- You need 2 cups of atta flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
Chapati, sometimes also spelled chapatti or called roti, is an ancient unleavened flatbread that's common in Indian, East African, and Caribbean cuisine. The basic recipe includes either all white flour. Chapati dishes also include palak chapati, methi chapati, etc Various combinations can be tried while making the chapati dough. Vegetables can also be added for filled chapati.
Chapati step by step
- Mix ingredients till it becomes dough..
- Rest the dough for about 10 mins..
- Divide dough into ping-pong size balls..
- Prepare counter/table top by sprinkling flour..
- Roll the dough balls out with a rolling pin or bottle into a flat circle..
- Fry on preheated pan and serve with curry, dhal or even as a wrap..
Find chapati stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Roti, also known as Chapati or Phulka, is a staple in most Indian homes. This whole wheat Indian flatbread is typically enjoyed as a side with curries or lentils. Chapati recipe, How to make soft chapati Recipe.