Italian Orzo Soup. This Italian Orzo Spinach Soup is simple to make, full of classic Italian flavors, and oh-so-comforting. Made for Instant Pot or stove, this sausage soup is a breeze for beginners and satisfies the whole family! I always look for recipes high in taste and nutrition but low on prep time and fat.
Italian Chicken Orzo Soup is so comforting and delicious, it's a meal we could eat every week. A delicious and simple to make Italian sausage soup with plenty of veggies (clear out your fridge!) and orzo pasta. This Sausage & Orzo Soup is a recipe the entire family will love! You can cook Italian Orzo Soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Orzo Soup
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb. of Italian sausage.
- You need 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced into coins and quartered.
- It’s 1 of large zucchini, sliced into coins and quartered.
- It’s 4 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1 can (16 oz.) of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp. of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of orzo pasta, uncooked.
- Prepare 2 cups of spinach, roughly chopped.
- It’s of Suggested Toppings :.
- You need of ·parmesan cheese.
- It’s of ·red pepper flakes.
Orzo—the little rice-shaped pasta—is practically made for soup. It cooks much faster than rice and is just as satisfying. Soup season is here, but this Italian soup is so good we make it year round. Italian Sausage Tomato Orzo Soup an easy, savory, recipe made with Italian sausage, tomatoes, plump orzo, onion, garlic.
Italian Orzo Soup instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the sausage to the pot and cook until completely browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Add the carrots to the pot, then stir in the broth, water, diced tomatoes, beans and seasonings..
- Once it all comes to a boil, stir in the orzo and zuchinni, then lower the heat back down and let simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the veggies have softened and the orzo is close to al dente. Make sure to stir often during this time, so the orzo won't stick to the pot..
- Stir in the spinach and simmer just 2-3 minutes more, until it's wilted..
- Serve immediately, topped with fresh parmesan cheese, if desired. Sprinkle red pepper flakes over individual portions for a bit of extra heat..
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a large Tupperware container. To reheat, place the amount you want warmed in a small pot (add a splash of broth if needed, the orzo will absorb a lot of the liquid during frigeration) and bring to a simmer for 5 or so minutes, until heated through..
Orzo Tomato Spinach Soup is loaded with roasted garlic, onions, and Italian seasoning. Be the first to review this recipe. I made up this soup to use up my Italian sausage. Basically very easy and family had me make it again. Mini meatballs mingle among orzo, parsnips, spinach, and more veggies in this Italian wedding soup that'll turn any dinner into an occasion.