Mattar Paneer. Matar Paneer Recipe with step by step photos. Matar Paneer is a classic North Indian Punjabi Recipe made with green peas and cottage cheese. Matar paneer is a restaurant style creamy, delicious and rich peas paneer curry.
Matar Paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipes where paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and matar (green peas) are simmered together in a luscious gravy made with. Punjabi Style Matar Paneer Recipe: Cubed and fried paneer chunks, sauteed with peas, green chillies along with a host of spices. matar paneer recipe, restaurant style matar paneer with step by step photo/video recipe. this exotic paneer curry is cooked in a tomato & onion based sauce. Matar Paneer is a simple North Indian food recipe prepare with green peas and cottage cheese that are cooked in a creamy tomato based curry. You can cook Mattar Paneer using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mattar Paneer
- You need of For the gravy.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cashew nuts.
- It’s 1/2 of medium sized onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized tomato, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste (1" ginger, 2-3 cloves garlic.
- You need of For finishing the sabzi.
- It’s of Butter/oil/ghee (butter tastes better!).
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin-coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need 1/8 tsp of fennel powder (optional).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cream (or butter and milk).
- Prepare 1/2 of " ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of small green chilli, slits.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parboiled peas.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/4 cup of paneer, cubed, slightly roasted in oil.
Goes well with roti and naan. What I love about matar paneer is that it is so fuss free to cook. Dish out matar paneer, garnish with coriander leaves and serve with naan or tandoori Have you tried this "Matar Paneer Recipe"? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and.
Mattar Paneer step by step
- For the gravy, add oil to a pan. Once it's hot, add cashew and roast them until they are light brown..
- Add onions and salt and cook until golden..
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell fades..
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they get mushy..
- Once done, let it cool down and then blend to a paste..
- For finishing the sabzi, add butter (preferred) or oil to pan. Add jeera after it gets hot..
- Once it sizzles, add onions and cook till translucent..
- Add all the dry spices EXCEPT garam masala and kasuri methi; cook for 2-3 min. If it seems like the spices are burning, add 1-2 tbsp of water..
- Add coriander and cook for a minute..
- Add the gravy made earlier, tomato ketchup and cream (or butter and milk). Mix well..
- Add peas, ginger and green chilli. Add water to adjust consistency..
- Cook for 2-3 min and add the paneer cubes (lightly roasted in oil earlier).
- At the end, add garam masala and kasuri methi..
- Mattar paneer is ready! Serve hot with paratha or rice!.
Matar paneer has paneer and matar/ green peas as main ingredients. I tried this recipe after I tasted this at my friend Sangeeta's place. Loved it very much and asked her the. Creamy Matar Paneer Recipe restaurant style made with roasted paneer. The creamy tomato sauce is made with fresh tomatoes and authentic spices.