Paella. Nourishing, vibrant, and without pretension, paella has held a place of honor and practicality in Spanish homes for centuries. Paella is a typical Spanish recipe and is traditionally cooked in a "paellera" – a round flat pan with two In many Spanish villages, especially in coastal areas, they use a giant paellera to cook a paella on. This Classic Spanish Paella rivals any restaurant Paella!
Types of paella include, Valencian paella, vegetable paella (Spanish: paella de verduras), seafood paella (Spanish: paella de mariscos), and mixed paella (Spanish: paella mixta), among many others. Read the Seafood Paella recipe, the iconic Spanish dish. Paella is a traditional dish of Spain. You can cook Paella using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paella
- You need 3 of Squids(cut into small squares).
- Prepare 8 of Tiger prawns (shelled and uncooked).
- It’s 2 of Red peppers(cubed).
- It’s 2 cup of Peas.
- You need 4 of Chicken drumsticks.
- Prepare 1 of Onions(cubed).
- It’s 1 pinch of Saffron.
- You need 1 packages of Paella rice.
- You need 1 packages of Mussels in wine sauce.
- You need 2 of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1 packages of Cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 packages of Beans.
Its home is Valencia, but variations exist in the different Spanish Traditionally, the paella is cooked out of doors, over a wood fire. For millions of holiday makers, the high pound does mean cheaper margaritas and paellas. Paella mixta: mixed meat and seafood. Fideuàis: a Paella that uses Simpler versions of Paella are called "un arroz" ("a rice").
Paella step by step
- Fry the onions and chicken drumsticks in a huge paella pan with olive oil.
- At the same time, put the prawns and some onions on the baking tray with oil, then stick it into oven at 200C.
- Once the chicken is half done, stir in the peppers, squids and beans . Fry for a while.
- Stick in the tomatoes and fry for a bit.
- Add the rice, chicken stock, saffron and mussels.
- When the rice is almost dry, stir in the peas.
- Serve when the rice is dry. Don't forget the put the nicely grilled prawns on top of the rice.
These recipes are mostly rice with very few. Paella is made with saffron and not the other types od herbs listed, and it is traditionally made with whole chicken What makes the authentic Spanish Paella so flavorful is the use of powdered saffron. This paella recipe makes paella for two, and includes options for mixta (meat and seafood), seafood and vegetarian versions. Paella Para Dos: Paella for Two. Borrowed from Spanish paella, from Catalan paella ("pot; pan"), from Old French paelle, from Latin patella ("plate, small pan").