Spanish rice with chicken. It's easy because everything cooks in one single pot or skillet. Ingredients in Spanish Chicken and Rice. To make the perfect weeknight meal, you will need to gather the following ingredients The flavors in this Spanish chicken and rice are still the biggest draw for me.
Chicken thighs are nestled in Spanish-flavored rice with Spanish chorizo, green olives, and garbanzo beans for the ultimate one-pot meal. I pretty much live at my local Smith's Marketplace. Chicken, vegetables, rice and tomatoes simmer with just the right seasonings that keeps them coming back for more. You can cook Spanish rice with chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spanish rice with chicken
- It’s of rice.
- Prepare 1 of lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of uncooked white rice, I use basmati.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of beer, I use a light color beer.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chicken broth, if you do not wish to use alcohol double the broth.
- Prepare 4 oz of of pimento with liquid.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of pimento stuffed green olives.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of achiote oil or olive oil.
- You need 4 clove of of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked spanish paprika.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of tumeric.
Chicken pieces of your choice simmered with rice, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and spices. This is a delicious and filling dish that you won't be able to get enough of! My mother's signature Spanish rice recipe, a delicious accompaniment to steak, chicken, and Mexican entrees such as tacos or enchiladas. The browning is essential to the nutty, almost toasty flavor of the rice.
Spanish rice with chicken step by step
- In large skillet on medium heat, saute chicken in achiote oil until browned about 10 minutes..
- Add in garlic and onion and cook another minute..
- Add pimento, olives and rice plus seasonings. cook 2 more minutes..
- Add beer and broth and cover, reducing heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender..
- Recipe for achiote oil is in my profile..
- Recipe by taylor68too.
And although bouillon can be substituted for the chicken stock, nothing beats homemade. Spanish Rice with Chicken & Peas. My mom made this juicy chicken and rice for us every Wednesday. I still make it for my hubby. It reminds me of family dinners growing up. —Josee Lanzi, New Port Richey, Florida.