Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding). Arroz con Leche is one of the world's favorite desserts. Citrus essences of orange and lemon are the hallmarks of this Spanish version and add to the This Arroz con Leche recipe is equally satisfying served warm after dinner or cold as a refreshing snack. Make rice pudding for your family tonight for.
Most recipes call for lemon peel and cinnamon sticks, and others add alcohol, additional. Some say that Arroz con Leche descends from the Moorish occupation of Spain centuries ago, as may be evidenced by the traditionally Arabic mixture of cinnamon and rice. This creamy dessert may be savored warm or cold, though most Spanish establishments tend to serve arroz con leche straight. You can cook Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding)
- It’s 1/2 cup of arroz de grano corto (short grain rice).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of agua (water).
- It’s 1 of cascara de limon (lemon peel).
- It’s 1 of rama de canela (cinnamon stick).
- Prepare 1 liter of leche (milk).
- You need 1 cup of azucar blanca (sugar).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sal (salt).
- You need 1 of canela en polvo (powder cinnamon).
- You need 1 tbsp of vainilla (vanilla) -OPTIONAL.
Rice Atole (Mexican Rice Pudding/Arroz Con Leche). Puerto Rican Arroz Con Leche (Rice With Milk). A creamy Spanish rice pudding recipe from my mother-in-law Antonia. Her arroz con leche recipe is the perfect blend of cinnamon, sugar, and silky Spanish rice.
Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding) instructions
- Place the rice, water, cinnamon stick and lemon peel in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat until rice is cooked..
- Then add the milk, salt and sugar. Stir often to keep from sticking to the bottpm of the pot..
- Cook until you get a creamier texture. When finished remove from pan and sprinkle the top with powder cinnamon..
- Variations: You can use sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk instead of regular milk, or u can mix them up, depending on the texture you wish to achieve..
Arroz con leche is a traditional Spanish dessert and we've made a vegan and healthier version of this delicious recipe. We've made also a healthier version using brown rice instead of white rice and brown sugar instead of refined sugar. It tastes ever better and is good for your health! Classic Arroz Con Leche – a variation of rice pudding that is sweet and cooked with milk, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk with cinnamon. If you're not familiar with rice pudding, arroz con leche is a Spanish dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients like.