Sweet 'n' Sour Cauliflower. This Sweet 'n Sour Cauliflower from Delish.com is the best! In a large bowl, combine flour and cauliflower, toss until fully coated. Sweet and Sour Cauliflower- an easy to make vegan meal that's perfect to satisfy that sweet and sour chicken craving!
Sweet N Sour Cauliflower Recipe : This is a very good vegetarian starter which is all time favourite for everyone. Try this out let us know your feedback. Sweet and Sour Cauliflowers. written by Emma Tang. You can have Sweet 'n' Sour Cauliflower using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet 'n' Sour Cauliflower
- It’s 350 g (1 head) of fresh cauliflower florets, (not frozen),.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces,.
- It’s 1/2 of an onion, chopped into bite sized pieces,.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil,.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornflour,.
- It’s 1 pinch of garlic granules,.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt,.
- You need of Coconut spray oil or alternative.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ketchup,.
- You need 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of runny honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of dark soft brown sugar,.
- Prepare of To garnish:.
- You need 1 of spring onion, chopped into fine rings.
- It’s of Serving suggestions:.
- Prepare of White rice.
Cauliflower used to be an ingredient that I would love to eat more often but don't know how to cook and ended up Like how you would cook the sweet and sour chicken, we'll need to coat the cauliflower florets with a batter and then deep fry. An irresistible sauce of sweet hoisin and honey, spicy sambal, and nutty sesame oil glazes the vegetables and brings their flavors together. Tonight's takeout-inspired dish highlights a bevy of bright produce, including seasonal cauliflower—which we're roasting to bring out its sweetness before. Recipe with video instructions: The veggie alternative to your classic sweet and sour dish!
Sweet 'n' Sour Cauliflower step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan) and line a baking tray with foil. Lay a wire rack over it and set aside. In a large bowl add 1tbsp oil and take the cauliflower florets and dredge them lightly in the oil. You could also use an oil spray to do this. Once the oil is gone wipe the bowl clean with some kitchen towel then add in the cornflour..
- Dredge each floret in the cornflour until lightly coated. Place the florets into the wire rack on the lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly tender. Whilst they are baking make up the sweet and sour sauce by combining the listed ingredients. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and tap off any loose excess flour..
- Heat a tbsp oil in a wok over a high heat and once warm add in the florets and stir fry in the oil until a light golden brown. Remove and place on kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Discard any dirty oil from the wok (it'll have some flour/debris in it), and spray in a layer of coconut oil or other spray cooking spray you have..
- Toss in the red pepper and onion, stir fry for 2-3 minutes whilst moving around the wok. Add the whites of the spring onion in, reserving the greens for garnish later. Re-add the cauliflower florets and toss everything together. Season with a little garlic granules and salt..
- Pour in the sweet and sour sauce. Keep tossing everything around in the wok until the ingredients are evenly coated in the sauce. Remove from the heat..
- Serve up and garnish with the greens of the spring onion. Enjoy! :).
Add in the cauliflower to coat. Sweet and sour tomato sauce + cheesy sauce = TON of flavor. These enchiladas are big on flavor. Healthy sweet and sour chicken with cauliflower rice. An easy weeknight dinner recipe, freezer friendly, and makes for fast meal prep!