Red Velvet Spanish Churros.
You can cook Red Velvet Spanish Churros using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Spanish Churros
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil, for frying.
- You need of For coating.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
Red Velvet Spanish Churros step by step
- Add flour, salt, flour in bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add butter to pan and melt, add water and let it boil.
- Add red food color. Add the flour mixture.
- Add flour reduce heat to medium low and cook and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture starts to come together.
- Add half the beaten egg and mil until well combined.
- Add the remaining beaten eggs and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Ideally you use a piping bag with a start nozzle to create authentic Spanish churros. I did not have a piping bag so i improvised with a plastic cut at the end. Use a glass and place the piping bag inside, add the pastry into the bag until filled up.
- Drop the dough into heated oil. Use a cooking scissors to cut your desired length.
- Add several churros dough into the oil and cook until golden brown and crispy. Add sugar to pan, add cinnamon and thoroughly mix.
- Dip the churros into the sugar cinnamon mixture and roll until evenly coated.
- Crunchy on the outside yet so fluffy soft on the inside.