Frito pie. Frito pie is legendary in the Southwest for being spicy, salty and cheesy fabulous. Here's my easy take on this crunchy classic. —Jan Moon, Alamogordo, New Mexico. Frito Pie is certainly not going to win any creativity awards for me, but it is a quick and easy You could also make this Frito Pie with canned chili, but I prefer to make recipes with mostly homemade.
At its most basic, Frito pie is. Frito Pie has layers of Fritos™, chili and cheese for an irresistible Tex Mex casserole everyone will love. This easy Frito pie recipe makes a fabulous weeknight dinner or dish on Game Day! You can cook Frito pie using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Frito pie
- Prepare 1 of big bag chilli cheese Fritos.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef or ground venison.
- It’s 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 head of lettuce diced.
- It’s 1-8 ounce of bag shredded taco blend cheese.
- You need of Optional: sour cream,pico,salsa, guacamole (my Walmart sells guacamole salsa already made which is what I used).
You can dress up this pie with whatever toppings you prefer, but we chose to top this crowd-pleaser with sour cream and sliced fresh jalapeño peppers. Here are three of my favorite ways to make Frito pie. I also used my homemade Texas Style chili recipe that makes it even better. This fun and easy Frito Pie combines taco seasoned ground beef, beans and salsa style tomatoes This Frito Pie is all that and more.
Frito pie instructions
- Cook the ground beef and drain. Season with taco seasoning..
- Now layer it ! Fritos, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato then whatever sauces or toppings! Have fun and make it a “Frito bar” on the table and let everyone gather around and make their own!.
To suit your own families taste top with any or all of your classic. Frito pie, essentially chili, cheese, and tortilla chips, is legendary in the midwest and southwest. And though the classic is made in a bag of Fritos that's split open and smothered with chili, cheese, and. I'm definitely in a fall state of mind. On Sunday afternoon, I put a big pot of my I have seen versions of Frito Pie that are simply chili mixed with the corn chips and cheddar cheese, but I.