China grass with jelly. Learn How to make China Grass Jelly Recipe from Chef Bhumika only on Curry Road. Make this Easy dessert recipe at home and share your experience with us in. Grass jelly, or leaf jelly or herb jelly, is a jelly-like dessert eaten in East Asia (mainly in China and Southeast Asia).
Grass jelly (仙草烧) is a sweet dessert, popular in Hong Kong, Southern China and Taiwan area. Traditionally, we boil leaves and stalks from a plant To make grass jelly from grass jelly powder (the ratio of powder and water need to be adjusted according to the package), you will need to mix sugar. Grass Jelly is one of the most famous and popular snacks in Taiwan. You can have China grass with jelly using 5 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of China grass with jelly
- You need 1 packet of China grass(agar- agar).
- It’s 1 litre of milk.
- It’s 1 tin of condensed milk.
- You need 1 cup of ready jelly.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
The Platostoma Palustre, also known as Chinese Mesona, is an herbaceous plant found commonly in Southeast China and Taiwan. Belonging to the mint family, the plant stalks are hairy with leaves similar to mint, growing in a tear. Today, grass jelly remains popular—though less essential—as a refresher in Hong Kong, Southern China, and Taiwan. Market vendors dole out individual servings by slicing off pieces of one giant, gelatinous block.
China grass with jelly instructions
- Soak China grass in 3/4 cup of water for 10-15 mintes.
- Meanwhile boil milk.
- After 10- 15 minutes mash soaked China grass with the help.of fingure tips.
- Boil mixer of China grass on medium flame.
- Add condensed milk in boiled milk and mix well on medium flame.
- Add ready China grass mixture in boiled milk and mix well.
- Cook for another five minutes.mix continuosly.
- Now off the gas and pour ready milk mixture in mould or thali.
- Mix contiously till ready mixer come on roomteampture.
- Then cut ready jelly in pieces.
- And put in ready milk mixture and keep mould in refrigerator for half an hour for seatings.
- After half an hour cut China grass seat then cut into pieces.
- Serve chilled.
And while the jelly isn't sweet on its own, sellers often prepare it with preserved. Make your own grass jelly easily with Tea Zone Grass Jelly Powder and Tea Zone Grass Jelly Syrup. Native to China, Hong Kong, Macau, Southeast Asia, and Taiwan, grass jelly (or leaf jelly) is a jelly-like dessert often used in bubble Tea beverages and atop shaved ice or snow. In china, grass jelly is served with sugar syrup, or often mixed with other ingredients that were previously described. In Indonesia, grass jelly is known as Cincau hitam and is manufactured as an instant powder, like other instant jellies or agar, which is an easier form to use.