Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも?). Japanese Sweet Potato Pie has been a classic pastry in Japan. Originating in South or Central America, Japanese sweet potato or satsumaimo (さつまいも) in Japanese were first introduced to Japan in Okinawa (the old Ryukyu. Sweet potato pie is a very popular dish and dessert in the Southern United States.
The dish is similar in many ways to pumpkin pie, but many Southerners prefer sweet. 表情のちがう食感を. 三角でつなぎ、よくばりな一口に。 ほおばった瞬間、どんな気分も満たしてくれる. はじめてのスイートポテト。 POTATO. Many sweet potato pie recipes call for boiling the sweet potatoes on the stovetop until tender, but I believe that the best sweet potato pie is made from baked sweet potatoes. Baking sweet potatoes softens them without adding extra moisture, concentrates their flavor and sweetness. You can have Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも?) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも?)
- It’s 3 of Sweet Potatoes (さつまいも Yellow Sweet Potato).
- It’s 1/2 Pint of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 2/3 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 Stick of Butter.
- You need 1 Tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
- Prepare Splash of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 2 of Pie Crusts (Homemade if you’re frisky).
The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. Sweet Potato Pie Recipe & Video. Sweet Potatoes are used in both sweet and savory dishes. Sweet Potatoes are a Winter Squash.
Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも?) step by step
- Roast the sweet potatoes until knife tender. Roasting it will allow for more of the natural sweetness to be extracted. Peel the potatoes. Careful, they’re hot as coal. Proceed to mash..
- Cream the brown sugar and butter together. Add in the mashed potatoes. Heat it with the nutmeg, salt, vanilla extract and heavy cream. Mix again. Get the eggs involved lastly..
- Place in a 350F oven for roughly 55 mins. Check for doneness with a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Allow to cool to room temp. Put in the fridge for a couple hours to help it really set up for nice slices..
- There they are, all said and done. I highly recommend warming individual slices and serving with ice cream or whipped cream… OR BOTH..
There are different varieties, but I like to use the darker skinned variety (often called Yams) that has a sweet, mild flavored bright orange flesh. It's everything a traditional homemade sweet potato pie should be – extra smooth, with a light and flaky pie crust that melts in your mouth. I'd argue that this healthy sweet potato pie is actually even better than pumpkin pie! Just one bite of the sumptuously smooth sweet potato filling, and you will be. This is a video about how to make Southern Sweet Potato Pie (Brown Butter).