Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada. The girls and boys in my junior high home economics classes like this cake because it's not too sweet. I like it because it has high fiber and nutritional value—the apples are used unpeeled. Parents who have apple trees are always glad to donate the apples!
This is one of those sketches where even a kid can easily figure out what's going to. I have tried it with pecans, but if you don't eat it right away, the pecans do soften up a bit from the moisture in the apples. These dessert empanadas with a cinnamon apple filling and dulce de leche are a wonderful treat. You can have Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada
- Prepare 4 of large firm apples.
- You need 1/2 cup of chunky cinnamon apple sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 2/3 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 10 of large discos/empanada pastries.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s As needed of peanut oil to medium fry in.
- It’s As needed of equal amounts of cinnamon and sugar mixed.
This recipe uses a different empanada dough from savory empanadas—a cream cheese pastry dough that is only slightly sweet, becomes very flaky, and tastes more like a pie crust. We have been eating plain old coleslaw for years. You know grab a bag and make up a mayonnaise type sauce or buy a I love the crunch of coleslaw but then added in more from the walnuts. The sweetness from the pineapple and raisins are also welcomed inclusion.
Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada step by step
- Toast the walnuts in a dry pan. Let them cool just a bit and chop them into pieces..
- Peel and core the apples. I used a melon baller to remove the cores. It's easier and less waste of the apple. Add the honey, raisins, salt, cinnamon, apple sauce, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer, and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add the walnuts stir in allow to simmer 15 minutes. Cover and let cool. Start getting the discos at room temperature..
- Heat the oil. Then add about 1/4 cup in the center of a disco. Fold over and crimp the joining edges. Cut 3 slits into the dough to allow steam to escape whilst frying. Fry golden to dark brown. Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Apple Pie Empanadas from Delish.com put all other apple pies to shame. Transfer rounds to prepared baking sheets. Add a generous tablespoon of apple mixture to the center of each. Brush egg around edges of each round. Beef and Raisin Empanadas recipe: Serve this with a mango salsa and salad leaves for a lovely light dinner!!