Easy Baked Fish Tacos.
You can have Easy Baked Fish Tacos using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Baked Fish Tacos
- Prepare of For the tacos:.
- It’s 2 of large flounder fillets (top portion preferably and skinned).
- It’s of Blackening or Cajun seasoning of choice… Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic works great and is my favorite.
- Prepare of Flour tortillas.
- It’s 1 of large tomato.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- You need of Cilantro.
- It’s of Avocado.
- Prepare of Green onions.
- It’s of Cheese of Choice: I used Kraft mozzarella.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- It’s of For the black beans:.
- Prepare 1 (20 oz) of can of black beans drained but not rinsed.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno seeded and finely diced.
- You need 2 of small yellow peppers seeded and diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need of Chicken Broth approx. 1 cup (you can substitute water).
Easy Baked Fish Tacos step by step
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray..
- Prepare your fish by rinsing it and patting it dry. Make sure there are no bones and season both sides liberally with seasoning blend. Place on baking sheet and set aside..
- Dice your tomato and place in a bowl. Add the zest of one lime. Cut lime in half and add the juice of one half to the tomato. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Set this aside to marinade for a bit..
- Place fish in oven. Cooking times vary depending on the size of your filets. Mine took about 20 minutes because they were really thick. The fish is done when it flakes easily in the middle with a fork..
- While the fish cooks. Heat a pot over medium heat. Add your olive oil. Then add the onions, peppers, and garlic. Saute until soft. Next add your cumin paprika and black beans. Stir well to combine. Add just enough liquid (chicken broth or water) to cover the beans. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let simmer on low until fish is done. *note: if you want a little extra kick you can add some chipotle powder..
- When fish is done remove from oven and place on a pan to cool. If you leave it on the hot pan you just cooked on it will continue to cook even though it's out of the oven. Break it into chunks for the tacos..
- Wrap your tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm while you prepare the rest of the garnishes..
- Chop a good bunch of cilantro and stir this in with the tomato and lime. Chop your avocado and squeeze some lime juice over (using the other half of your lime from earlier.) Chop some green onions. Slice the 2nd lime for serving..
- Remove your tortillas. Turn oven off and turn the heat off from beans. Now your ready to build your tacos!.
- I start with the cheese first. Then the fish. Next I pile on the toppings..