Mexican street corn. This grilled corn recipe is coated with a cooling lime Crema, spiced with some Chile powder, and topped with crumbled Cotija and diced cilantro. Elote (aka Mexican Street Corn) is a common street food in Mexico, hence the nickname. It's often served on a stick, though you could skip the skewer and make it right on the grill, like you would.
If you love the Mexican corn on the cob then you will love this version. Thoughts on my Mexican street corn recipe. I have been pining to make this Mexican street corn I LOVE Mexican street corn but is there anything more awkward than eating an entire corn on the cob. You can have Mexican street corn using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican street corn
- You need 3 TBSP of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of frozen corn.
- Prepare 1 of red onion diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeño seaded and diced.
- It’s 2 TBSP of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 TBSP of cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of hot chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Sriracha sauce.
- You need 1 TBSP of lime juice.
- You need 1/2 TSP of kosher salt.
- You need 5 oz of cotija cheese crumbled.
MEXICAN STREET CORN — Grilled corn is tossed with mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and spices in this delicious Tex-Mex side dish (Torchy's Tacos copycat). This Mexican Street Corn Recipe is a delicious, easy to make side dish that is perfect to make in the warmer months of the year. It's the perfect creamy, crunchy and cheesy addition to just about any meal. Mexican Street Corn is one of the ultimate summer side dishes!
Mexican street corn step by step
- Melt butter in a large saute pan..
- Add in corn stirring occasionally untill golden brown and caramelized around 15 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Put corn in a large mixing bowl. Add rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the cotija cheese. Mix well..
- Add in the cotija cheese and mix well before serving..
This version is just as good as the kind I got from street vendors in Mexico. When I serve this at parties, there's never any left over! This Mexican street corn, also known as elote, is grilled corn on the cob coated in a creamy mixture of mayonnaise, crema, cotija cheese and chili powder. Elote (or Grilled Mexican Street Corn) is an easy side dish that will be a favorite for years to come! Welcome to elote – your new favorite way to eat corn!