Native American Three Sisters Stew.
You can cook Native American Three Sisters Stew using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Native American Three Sisters Stew
- Prepare 1 lb of winter squash (such as butternut, Hubbard or sweet pumpkin).
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 14 oz of can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 cup of canned pinto beans, drained.
- You need 2 cup of corn ( fresh, canned or frozen.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 packages of CuisineMentor native american three sisters stew Gourmet Spice Blend.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1/3 cup of minced fresh cilantro.
Native American Three Sisters Stew instructions
- Peel and seed squash, and cut into approx 1/2" squares.
- Heat oil in pot. Add onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes..
- Add the chopped squash, tomatoes, beans, corn, and broth and the package of Native American Three Sisters Stew Spice Blend..
- Stir to blend well..
- Bring to a simmer..
- Gently Simmer until squash is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes..
- If needed add more broth.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Then let stew stand, off of heat for one hour. To let the flavors blend..
- Then reheat, add the cilantro and serve. Enjoy!!.