You can have Spanish Omelette using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spanish Omelette
- You need of Spanish Sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 large of Onion – Sliced.
- It’s 1 large of Green Bell Pepper – Sliced.
- It’s 4 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 4 dash of Tabasco Sauce.
- Prepare 2 each of 14.5 ounce cans Stewed Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can Tomato Sauce.
- It’s of Omelete.
- It’s 3 large of Eggs – Per Person.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Butter – for each omelete.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheese of choice or you can use sliced American Cheese (My favorite for this omelete).
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
Spanish Omelette step by step
- If you're in a hurry, skip the omelets and just do a big ol' pan of scrambled eggs with cheese and serve the spanish sauce over the top!.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the 3 tablespoons butter. Add the sliced onions and peppers & stir fry for 3 minutes..
- Add the seasonings & stir fry for another 3 minutes..
- Add the stewed tomatoes & tomato sauce. With the back of a spoon gently break up the stewed tomatoes. Reduce heat and gently simmer until eggs are ready..
- To prepare omeletes – Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Crack 3 eggs in a bowl and scramble with a fork. Pour the scrambled eggs into the skillet. Using a spatula, as the eggs firm up, lift the edges and let the runny egg pour into the bottom of the pan. When you've done this all the way around & most of the runny egg is gone, gently flip over. Remove skillet from heat, add cheese to 1/2 of the omelette. Fold over in half and slide onto a plate..
- Ladle Spanish Sauce over the top of omelete and serve..
- This serves 6 – 8 people..
- This is my version of a Spanish Omelette… Feel free to upload your verion. :-).