Taco Pie. Reviews for: Photos of Taco Pie. I Really Think You'll Like This Piee, Especially If You're A Fan Of Mexican Casseroles And Taco Salads (That's What I Feel This Recipe Is A Combination Of). Taco Pie Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Just slice it up and set out some traditional toppings. Our Taco Pie is easy to slice into wedges of delicious flavor. Garnished with fresh cilantro, sour Corn tortillas are partially fried before forming the base of the pie. You can cook Taco Pie using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taco Pie
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1 package of Pillsbury crescent rolls.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of crushed nacho cheese Doritos.
- It’s 1 packet of taco seasoning.
Then onion, garlic, and ground beef are. This has always been my favorite taco pie. I lost the recipe and naturally searched for it on zaar, but to my surprise, there were no taco pie recipes using a pie crust. I finally found the recipe, so here it is.
Taco Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a pie plate with the crescent rolls, pinch seams together to make your pie crust.
- Brown your beef and drain the grease.
- Add taco seasoning according to the instructions on the packet.
- Add your taco meat to the pie as the bottom layer.
- Spread a layer or sour cream on top of the beef.
- Generously cover the sour cream with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Add a layer of the crushed Doritos.
- Cover the rim of your pie plate with aluminum foil so your crust doesn’t burn.
- Bake for 20 minutes in your preheated oven.
- After the 20 minutes add another thin layer of shredded cheese and remove the foil to allow the crust to bake golden brown.
- Pop it back in the oven for 4 minutes then let it cool and serve with lettuce and salsa if you’d like.
Keto taco pie is one savory casserole that gives you that Tex-Mex feels in every bite. This Taco pie recipe is one of our favorite Taco Tuesday dishes in our home. Give this low carb Mexican recipe a try. Taco Pie has always been a favorite. Once I got my Instant Pot I knew I had to convert this recipe, and This Instant Pot Taco Pie was amazing and super easy to make!