Chinese steamed pork patty with salted fish 咸魚蒸肉餅. This Minced Pork w/ Salted Fish is a really easy and yummy dish. The salted fish is an acquired taste (in case you couldn't tell by its name), similar to anchovies, and I'll leave it at that! This dish may sound a bit out there for some of you, but steamed pork cake with salted fish is one of those dishes that's so good that it's generally known among Chinese people to.
I enjoyed old school dishes like such, especially However, I tend to find that too salty for my liking and hence I actually diced the salted fish and mix them with the minced so that the saltiness get. Cantonese Salted Fish is a traditional Chinese food originating from Guangdong province. It is a fish preserved or cured with salt, and was a staple food in Southern China. You can cook Chinese steamed pork patty with salted fish 咸魚蒸肉餅 using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese steamed pork patty with salted fish 咸魚蒸肉餅
- It’s of Salted Fish 梅香.
- Prepare of Shredded Ginger.
- Prepare 15 pcs of Black Fungus 黑木耳.
- Prepare of (can add chinese mushrooms to your likings).
- Prepare 4-5 of Water Chestnuts.
- It’s 300 g of Minced Pork.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of light soya sauce.
- Prepare 20 ml of water.
- Prepare of sweet soya sauce at the end.
They are salty but not overpowering. Very simple minced meat with some preserved vegetables can make a world difference. This is one of my family favourite homey dishes – traditional steamed minced pork with preserved vegetables. Preserved vegetables = Mei Cai 梅菜, pickled of Chinese.
Chinese steamed pork patty with salted fish 咸魚蒸肉餅 instructions
- Ingredients. Soak the Black fungus for 30mins then sliced/chopped. Water Chestnut Chop them up. Rinse the Salted Fish and place some shredded ginger on top to take out the fishy taste..
- Now for the Minced Pork add in 1 tso sugar, 1 tsp oil, 2 tsp of light soya sauce and 20ml water and mix it well. For steamed patties added water will make the meat softer. Now add in the black fungus and water chestnut and mix well..
- Get a plate and spread the mix evenly no thicker than 2cm or its gonna be hard to cook it through. Place the salted Fish on top and steam it..
- In a hot boiling water pot place the dish in and cover lid. High Heat for 15 to 20mins. Make sure theres enough water inside so would not dry up. To test if cooked poke a knife in..
- Add in some sweet soya sauce on top if needed. Done!.
Steamed minced pork with salted fish using mui heong salted fish. A well loved Cantonese dish that is intensely flavorful and tasty. What I love about mui heong salted fish is that they are very fragrant and the salty taste is not sharp but gently saltish. Salted Fish Steamed Minced Pork (咸鱼蒸猪肉饼) – I like all the variations, but if I had to choose, this would be my favourite! They aren't expensive and you can find them at most Asian stores.