Channa Masala (Indian chickpea with gravvy).
You can have Channa Masala (Indian chickpea with gravvy) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Channa Masala (Indian chickpea with gravvy)
- Prepare 1 cup of White chickpeas.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1 large of bay leaf or a stig of curry leaves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Tomato puree, try to use fresh.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 of green chilly or jalepeno chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of Salt to taste (i use a little more than 1tsp).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water for gravvy. You can also use coconut milk.
Channa Masala (Indian chickpea with gravvy) instructions
- soak chickpeas overnight in water.
- Pressure cook the chickpeas until soft for a couple of whistles.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add ginger and bay leaf or curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Then add tomato puree, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, garam masala n pepper and saute till tomatoes are cooked and soft..
- To this add cooked chickpeas, salt and water (or coconut milk) and stir. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occassionally. Dont let it dry up, let there be some gravvy…
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate. Add lemon juice and chillies/ jalapenos..
- you can also garnish with chopped corriander leaves before serving..
- Goes well with all kind of breads esp indian breads like Naan, batura (fried bread) etc or even rice.