Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. These philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers are full of beef, mushrooms and onions, then topped with a generous amount of cheese. These cheesesteak stuffed peppers are easy to prepare and gluten-free.
How to make Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers. Stuffed peppers are traditional Philly Cheesesteak but made low carb by using peppers in place of bread. Stuffed peppers and Philly cheesesteak go hand in hand. You can have Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- It’s 6 of Red Bell Peppers.
- You need 1 lb of flank steak.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 of onions sliced.
- You need 3 of green bell peppers.
- You need 15 slices of provolone cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parsley.
We absolutely loved them and the flavor is out of this world. I loved how easy these were to put together. This Philly cheesesteak stuffed pepper recipe is the perfect alternative to the traditional sandwich if you are eating low carb. It's a quick and easy recipe to make for a weeknight dinner.
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut steak into 1/8 strips.
- In large skillet heat oil on medium heat. Add steak, garlic powder, paprika, have of pepper, half of salt and Worcestershire sauce..
- Mix well and cook meat through. Move only meat to bowl..
- Add butter to skillet and saute onions. Add rest of salt and pepper. Add sliced green pepper. Saute..
- Cut off top of red peppers and remove core and seeds..
- Cut 9 slices of provolone in half..
- Place red peppers in 9×13 pan. Put in some steak followed by peppers and onions topped with 3 half slices of cheese. Repeat layers but top with full slice of cheese..
- Bake for 30 minutes then top with parsley..
As a Philadelphia native, I have a lot of opinions about cheesesteaks! Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers are full of flavor and easy to make. The peppers are filled with steak, caramelized onions, mushrooms, and topped with provolone! Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are a delicious low-carb spin on the classic sandwich. This recipe makes a tasty make-ahead dinner idea!