Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak.
You can have Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak
- It’s 1 Pound of Tenderized Cube Steak.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Ap Flour + 3 Tablespoons Reserved.
- Prepare of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Seasoning Salt.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil + Extra Oil for Frying.
- You need 1 of Large Onion Sliced.
- You need 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- It’s 2 of Beef Bouillon Cubes.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Water.
Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak instructions
- Mix together ap flour, seasoning salt, and pepper. Lightly season both sides of steak with garlic salt and pepper. Dredge cube steaks in flour mixture and set aside. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the ap flour mixture..
- Heat up enough oil to cover the bottom of your trying pan over medium high heat. Add cube steaks and brown both sides. Approximately 5 minutes both sides..
- Remove steaks, and add onion slices to lightly caramelize, approximately 7-10 minutes. Add Minced Garlic during the last minute. Remove onion slices from pan and set aside. This step is completely optional..
- Add your 3 tablespoons of flour and oil to the hot pan. Stirring constantly until well mixed and slightly brown. Next add your water, bouillon cubes, steaks, and onions to the pan. Bring to a low simmer. Taste to adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Cover and let simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until steaks are very tender. Note: I like to mix the bouillon cubes and water together beforehand. You can easily substitute beef stock as well..
- Serve with mashed potatoes makes an excellent comforting meal. Enjoy.