American Version Tacos.
You can have American Version Tacos using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of American Version Tacos
- You need of Taco meat.
- It’s of Taco seasoning.
- You need 1 pound of Ground beef.
- It’s 2/3 of Tomatoe sauce or juice.
- You need of Optional toppings.
- Prepare of Taco sauce.
- Prepare of Shredded Lettuce.
- You need of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Pickled jalapenos.
- It’s of Finely shredded cheese.
- Prepare of Onions.
- Prepare of Guacamole.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- It’s of Soft or hard tortillas.
American Version Tacos step by step
- Fry your ground beef in a large skillet till it is cooked through on medium heat. Once the meat is cooked through, drain the meat of all the grease. Then add your taco seasoning. On the back of the seasoning package it tells you to add water. I substitute tomatoe sauce or juice instead of using water. Depends on what I have on hand. Sometimes I add Worcestershire sauce too. Just a teaspoon of 2. I Simmer on low. Make sure you are stirring the skillet and the liquid has been reduced and mixed in..
- After the meat has cooked I put the taco meat in a big bowl. Cut up your toppings and warm the tortillas..
- This is not authentic mexican tacos. Most Americans use water and use a premixed taco seasoning. I have a taco seasoning in my recipes. I use that on occasion. This is a picture of a preseasoned mix you can buy. If you dont have anything like this in your country you can use the recipe in my recipes list..
- After warming the soft tortillas I take a warm soft tortilla and add a tablespoon of taco meat. I then add shredded cheese, tomatoes, pickled jalapenos, sour cream and taco sauce. You can use whatever you like for toppings for your tacos. Enjoy..