Chewy Western-Style Dorayaki.
You can have Chewy Western-Style Dorayaki using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chewy Western-Style Dorayaki
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 40 grams of Sugar.
- You need 50 grams of A Shiratamako.
- It’s 80 grams of A. Water.
- It’s 40 grams of B Cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of B Baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Recommended Cream (Easy-to-Make Amount):.
- Prepare 40 grams of Cream cheese.
- You need 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 40 grams of Sweet red beans (if you have them).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Brandy or other liquor (if you have it).
- You need 1 of Sugar.
Chewy Western-Style Dorayaki step by step
- Allow the eggs to warm back up to room temperature. Combine the powder ingredients marked with B together. Add the A ingredients into a small bowl and mix well..
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs and sugar and mix until pale..
- Mix the ingredients in bowl 1 together once more..
- Sift the powder ingredients from step 1 into the shiratamako mixture and fold in with a rubber spatula. Add the vegetable oil and mix again..
- Cover the bowl with cling film and allow the mixture to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Then mix lightly..
- Grease a non-stick frying pan with a little vegetable oil (not listed in ingredients) and spread it around the pan with a piece of kitchen paper. Put the pan on a low heat ('3' on an induction stove)..
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of mixture into the center of the pan and spread into a circle shape with the bottom of a ladle. When the surface of the pancake begins to bubble, flip it over, cook on the other side for 10 seconds and remove from the pan. You should be able to make 10 pancakes from your batter..
- Add the sugared red beans to a bowl and sprinkle over a little brandy. Place the cream cheese in a bowl and let it return to room temperature, or soften a little in the microwave..
- Blend the cream cheese and sugar together. Add the cream a little at a time and whip together well with a whisk. Add the sugared red beans and mix..
- Chill the cream and then spread over the inside of one pancake. Place another pancake on top to create a sandwich..
- Or you can choose to spread cream on one pancake and fold it in half instead..
- Cut in half and arrange on a plate..
- You could wrap each dorayaki individually, or use madeleine bags, and give them away as presents..