8 minute Spanish rice. Which rice is best for Spanish Rice? We love to use long-grain white rice. It gets fluffy and does not get sticky like some of the short-grained rices.
My mother's signature Spanish rice recipe, a delicious accompaniment to steak, chicken, and Mexican entrees such as tacos or enchiladas. Spanish rice is the perfect accompaniment to Mexican foods, chicken, or just about anything. This simple recipe uses chicken broth and chunky salsa to Mix rice into skillet, stirring often. You can cook 8 minute Spanish rice using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 8 minute Spanish rice
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of minute rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of canned diced tomatoes.
- You need Dash of garlic powder.
- Prepare Dash of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cube of cons mate.
When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa. Easy Spanish Rice, also called Mexican Rice, that tastes just like your favorite restaurant side dish with with an easy trick for perfectly fluffy rice! Then open the lid and rake the rice with a. I wanted a quick Spanish Rice side dish one night, to go along side a spicy chicken I was making, so I came up with this simple yummy dish.
8 minute Spanish rice step by step
- Place butter and rice in saucepan over medium heat and cook until lightly golden brown stirring constantly..
- Mix cons mate, garlic, onion and broth in a bowl and place in microwave until boiling..
- Pour broth and spice mixture over rice, stir in diced tomatoes, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is soft. Fluff with a fork..
Once mixture comes to a boil add the rice, salsa, corn and beans (or peas if you prefer; stir a bit. Turn heat to low and cover pot. This Mexican Spanish rice recipe freezes great! To freeze, allow your rice to cool completely. Then place in freezer baggies in the amounts that your family Learn how to season brown rice quickly and easily.