Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy.
You can cook Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy
- Prepare of Biscuits.
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour + 2 tablespoon for dusting.
- You need 4-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder double acting.
- You need 3-1/2 tablespoons of lard.
- It’s 2/3 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lard to grease the skillet.
- It’s of Gravy.
- You need 3/4 pound of bulk sausage I used Tennessee Pride Sausage.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of finely ground black pepper divided.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 1 quart of milk I used lactose intolerant milk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lard the sausage was too lean.
Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 2 cups of flour to a bowl and mix in the salt and baking powder. Mix the flour and baking into the flour well. Take the lard and add the lard to the flour mixture..
- Add the milk. Dust the mixture with the 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix and knead the dough just a bit a quick 5 minutes. Add lard to the skillet and heat till just a bit hot to the touch..
- Add sausage to another pan to brown. Form 6 Biscuits and add to the heated skillet. Add the flour to the browned sausage along with half the black pepper. Put the Biscuits into the oven for 12-15 minutes..
- Add milk to the sausage mixture. Take the Biscuits out and set aside. Continue to stir till the gravy is thickened the way you like it..
- Take a couple of Biscuits put on a plate and split in half. Add gravy over the top add the pepper to taste. Serve I hope you enjoy!.