Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes. A delicious Indian Spiced Chicken Stew, with potatoes, tomatoes and a blend of Indian spices slow cooked for a complete and comforting meal. I spied this Indian Spiced Chicken Stew in the latest Bon Apetit and immediately slotted it in for an upcoming meal. We enjoyed it for dinner last night and.
A hearty Indian spiced chicken stew, with potatoes in a spicy tomato and cream sauce. Perfect served with yogurt and naan bread. This Indian Tomato Cilantro Chicken is full of flavor from tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, chilies, onion, ginger and spices. You can cook Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes
- It’s 3 of medium chicken breasts trimmed.
- It’s 1/2 pound of baby potatoes halved.
- You need 3 of red chiles minced.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need of Small onion fine chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger grated.
- Prepare Cup of heavy whip.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of tomato puree.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garam masala.
- You need 2 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of coriander.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Lemon.
A stew full of not only chicken and potatoes but carrots, onion, mushrooms, mixed veggies and a smattering of herbs and spices. It is fine to For the seasonings I substituted sage for oregano thyme rosemary and Adobo. Similar to tikka masala and butter chicken, this Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes is perfect for cold weather and can be made days ahead of time. Spiced potatoes, chickpeas and carrots are simmered in a savory vegetable broth with spinach and plump raisins to make this hearty Indian Chickpea Stew!
Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes step by step
- Salt and pepper and sear chicken in a ditch oven on both sides and remove.
- Add all veggies until the onions are browned, about 15 minutes..
- Add tomato paste and seasonings until the paste turns brown, about 5 minutes..
- Add chicken, stock, purée, tomato paste and heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cover partially and reduce heat and simmer. Cook about an hour until chicken is about ready to fall apart and pull it out and pull into but sized pieces..
- Add potatoes, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes and add chicken back and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Juice half a lemon and simmer for 10 minutes and pull off the heat and serve with cilantro, yogurt and naan bread.
My favorite part of this chickpea and potato stew (other than the garam masala, of course) are the plump, sweet raisins. I love when a dish has a. Chef, Nigella Lawson, shares one of her favourite go-to weeknight dishes — an Indian-spiced chicken and potato sheet pan meal. Bring Indian flavors into your home without the help of takeout but making this homemade recipe of chicken thighs braised in a rich, spicy tomato sauce make for a hearty one-pot meal. Indian-Spiced Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.