Spanish rice turkey casserole. Everyone in my family loves this casserole, even my eighty-year-old grandparents who aren't big fans of Mexican food. Mild green chilies, tender cubes of turkey, tomatoes and lots of cheese make a mouthwatering filling.—Ann Herren, Pulaski, Tennessee. In a large skillet, saute rice and vermiceilla in butter until golden brown.
This comforting casserole features perfectly cooked rice, tender broccoli and juicy turkey in a creamy cheesy sauce all topped off with a buttery cheesy topping. This simple turkey and rice casserole is an excellent way to use leftover turkey. If you happen to have remaining gravy, add some to the sauce mixture to give it even more flavor. You can have Spanish rice turkey casserole using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spanish rice turkey casserole
- You need 2 packages of 6.8 ounces each. Spanish rice and vermicelli mix.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter cubed.
- Prepare 1 can of 14-1/2 ounce diced tomatoes undrained.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 can of 10oz. diced tomatoes and green chilies UNdrained.
- It’s 3 cup of cubed cooked turkey or chicken.
- You need 1 can of 11 oz. whole kernel corn drained..
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend divided.
The condensed soup makes the recipe an easy and convenient one-dish meal. Top turkey rice casserole recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from Full ingredient & nutrition information of the Rice Casserole with Leftover Turkey Calories. (no ratings). A low-cal twist on "Spanish Rice". In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat; drain the fat, and transfer beef to a large pot over medium low heat.
Spanish rice turkey casserole step by step
- in a large skillet saute rice and vermicelli in butter till golden brown. gradually stir in water tomatoes,and contents of rice seasoning packets. bring to a boil reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until race is tender. meanwhile in a large bowl combined the turkey corn sour cream and half of the cheese stir in rice mixture. transfer to greased 3 qt. baking dish.. sprinkle with remaining cheese this will be full. bake uncovered at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Stir in onion, garlic green pepper, tomatoes, water, rice, chili sauce, salt, pepper, brown sugar, cumin and Worcestershire sauce. This Creamy Turkey Rice Casserole is real food meets comfort food. Made from scratch without MSG, prepackaged sauces, or cream of anything soups, this dish is quick and easy and uses up that pesky leftover Turkey and maybe even some vegetables if you still have them laying around. Turkey Rice Casserole is a very famous recipe. Brown ground beef with onion. in beans and rice.