Italian Turkey Meatloaf. Looking for a lean Italian meatloaf recipe without all the carbs? Bake up flavors of the old country with basil tomato sauce, garlic and sweet Italian turkey sausage. Italian meatloaf made with ground turkey, sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasonings may very well be the best turkey meatloaf ever!
This healthy meatloaf recipe made with lean ground I substituted Italian seasoning for Marjoram (which I don't have) and low sodium tomato sauce for. I know we think of meatloaf as a very American dish but it isn't! Italians have an incredible version that is a blend of ground. You can have Italian Turkey Meatloaf using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Turkey Meatloaf
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground turkey (1 Italian seasoned, 1 regular).
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 handful of crimini mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian season.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need A few of drops of hot sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
Be the first to rate & review! Italian Turkey Meatloaf. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You'll love this Italian Meatloaf with cheese and spinach topped with marinara! Use this recipe for chicken meatloaf, turkey meatloaf or any ground meat!
Italian Turkey Meatloaf step by step
- Chop onion and mushrooms and sauté in a little olive oil.
- Mix bread crumbs, eggs, 1/3 cup ketchup, milk, sugar, garlic, pepper, salt and Italian seasoning in a bowl….
- Add ground meat, onion and mushrooms to breadcrumb mixture and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix 1/2 cup ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey, hot sauce and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, put meat mixture in pan and form in a football shape.
- Add half of the ketchup mixture to top of meatloaf spreading it evenly.
- Pour water in pan around the meatloaf.
- Bake for for 40 minutes, then add remaining ketchup mixture, then bake for another 20 minutes..
It's easy to make this gluten free or keto. Last week I made this Italian Turkey Meatloaf with Parmesan Rosemary Smashed Potatoes and much to my surprise he loved it! He typically enjoys the food I make, unless it has a lot of vegetables or. How to make a Jewish-Italian turkey meatloaf for special occasions. This recipe is adapted from Mira Sacerdoti's cookbook Italian Jewish Cooking; she suggests it be served at Passover, and.