Western-style Oshi Sushi (Pressed Sushi).
You can cook Western-style Oshi Sushi (Pressed Sushi) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Western-style Oshi Sushi (Pressed Sushi)
- You need 350 grams of ＊Cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ＊Sushi vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ＊Grainy Dijon mustard.
- You need 10 slice of Smoked salmon.
- You need 1 of Cucumber.
- You need 1 of ● Egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of ● Sugar.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
Western-style Oshi Sushi (Pressed Sushi) step by step
- Combine all the ＊ ingredients and let cool..
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and cook the ● ingredients to make scrambled eggs..
- Slice the cucumber with a vegetable peeler into long, thin shavings..
- Cut the salmon into roughly the width as the cucumber slices (you could skip this step if you wanted)..
- Arrange on a plastic wrap, like this. Cut the cucumbers as needed before positioning them..
- Press the mixed ingredients from Step 5 into a mold. Drizzle mayonnaise from one side to the other. Stack in this order: sushi rice from Step 1, scrambled eggs from Step 2, and sushi rice from Step 1..
- Close the ends of the plastic wrap in Step 6. Put the lid on the mold and press tightly..
- It looks like this when you take the sushi from Step 7 out of the mold. Cut into bite-sized pieces. If it's difficult to cut, you can cut it covered in plastic wrap, then remove wrap, and arrange on a plate….
- This is the grainy mustard I used..