You can cook Oxtail Ragu using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oxtail Ragu
- It’s 6 of large oxtail (also works well with short ribs).
- You need 2 lbs of pork rib tips (use any pork, I like bone in for flavor).
- Prepare 4 cups of water or stock.
- You need 1 of carrot diced.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion diced.
- It’s 4 stalks of celery diced.
- You need 3 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine (dry white works great).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 of small can tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 oz of fresh basil (or 1 oz dry).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar (optional).
Oxtail Ragu step by step
- In your instapot/pressure cooker add your pork, oxtail and water. Pressure cook for 45 mins.
- After your oxtail and pork is cooked remove the bones, save the liquid..
- In a pot on medium heat, add a little oil or butter whichever you prefer and start sauteing your carrots, celery and onions until softened..
- Add your garlic and cook for another 2 mins..
- Add your white wine and reduce until almost evaporated..
- Add your tomato paste and cook for 2 mins (this is called blooming).
- Add your reserved liquid from the pressure cooker and simmer for 45 mins until thickened..
- Add your meat, basil, sugar and salt and pepper and cook for another 10 mins..
- Serve over pasta of your choice!.