Native American Corn Sticks.
You can have Native American Corn Sticks using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Native American Corn Sticks
- Prepare 1 cup of cornmeal/or grits I used grits.
- You need 1/2 cup of molasses.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lard melted.
- Prepare As needed of corn husk/ banana leaf I used banana leaf.
Native American Corn Sticks step by step
- Preheat oven 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Soak corn husk in water and saturate with water so as not to burn..
- Melt the lard..
- Mix all the ingredients and mix well no lumps..
- Add a couple of tablespoonfuls of mixture to a corn husk form into a shape of long bowl. Keep the top open. Repeat till no more corn mixture is left..
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes. Mine went 22 minutes I got distracted and had a couple of burnt ends, but was still delicious..
- Take out of the corn husk before it cools they came out pretty easy that way..
- Serve with cane syrup, molasses, or maple syrup..
- I hope you enjoy! I chose the syrup to eat with..