Easy Kedgeree with an American twist.
You can have Easy Kedgeree with an American twist using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Kedgeree with an American twist
- Prepare of Curry base.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Mustard seed (curry mix).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Tumeric (curry mix).
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin (curry mix).
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander (curry mix).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin (curry mix).
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper (curry mix).
- You need of Fresh spices.
- It’s 2 clove of minced Garlic (curry mix).
- You need 1 tbsp of minced ginger (curry mix).
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley (curry mix).
- Prepare of Veggies.
- You need 8 oz of frozen corn, 8 oz frozen peas, and 4oz shredded or match stick carrots (or a bag of good frozen vegetable medley).
- You need 1 bunch of Spring onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1 of apple diced.
- Prepare 1 quart of leftover Chinese takeout rice (or 2 smaller pints).
- You need of Fish.
- You need 16 oz of halibut or another white fish (firm Tofu works as well).
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 tsp of tarrigon.
- You need of Yogurt dressing.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of fat free plain Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sweet chile sauce.
Easy Kedgeree with an American twist instructions
- Place two large skillets on the stove and turn the heat to medium high. Fill one halfway with hot water, and put 2 tbsp of olive oil in the second..
- While waiting for the water to boil, put the mustard seed in the second pan for about a minute, then reduce the heat to medium, occasionally stirring until the seeds begin to pop and brown. Be careful to not burn them..
- Dump the rest of the curry base on top of the mustard seed and mix together..
- Now add in the fresh spices into your home made curry mix and continue to mix them in the pan. The water should be starting to boil by now, so reduce it to medium-low heat..
- Place the bay leaf, tarragon, and about a teaspoon of salt into the boiling water. And let it simmer..
- Empty the quart of pre cooked rice into the curry mix. Be sure to mix it all together and press out any clumps. When finished, add the fish to the simmering water in the other pan..
- As the rice reheats, dump in your vegetables, and mix together as the fish continues to cook..
- In a small bowl mix about a cup and a half of the fat free Greek yogurt with 2 or 3 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce (to taste). Place on side for now..
- Once the rice is hot, and the fish is cooked, place the fish on top of the rice and break apart mixing both of them together. Serve in bowls with a hearty dollop of the sweet chili yogurt dressing to cool off the spiciness of the curry..
- If you're not a fan of fish, feel free to remove it from the recipe or replace it with Tofu, baked brussel sprouts, or chicken..