Italian Cream Cake. This tender coconut cake is made with buttermilk, topped with a cream cheese coconut frosting and I guess the other positive reviewers have never had real Italian Cream Cake. I'm not one to be harsh. The origin of Italian cream cake doesn't really seem to be known.
Buttermilk makes every bite of this awesome Italian cream cheese cake recipe moist and flavorful. I rely on this recipe year-round.—Joyce Lutz, Centerview, Missouri. Regardless, 'Italian Cream Cake' (or sometimes also called Italian Cream Cheese Cake) is only a name and at the end of the day, you won't care because of how delicious it is. You can have Italian Cream Cake using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Cream Cake
- Prepare 1 box of white cake mix.
- It’s 1 (3.4 box) of vanilla pudding.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 2 cups of coconut flakes.
- Prepare of Icing.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of cream cheese.
- You need 1/4 stick of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of powder sugar.
- You need 1 cup of crushed pecans.
- You need 1 cup of coconut flakes.
Italian cream cake is slightly more dense than the average cake (much like a carrot cake), and contains a heavenly combination of finely chopped pecans, coconut, and cream cheese frosting. Billie's Italian Cream CakeDear Sweet Billie from my church kindly shared her Italian Cream Cake recipe with me. And now, because you're equally dear and sweet, I'm sharing it with you. This Italian cream cake recipe is one of those authentic Italian cakes popular on so many menus.
Italian Cream Cake instructions
- Pre heat oven 350. Beat the first 8 ingredients at medium speed till will mixed 2-3 minutes..
- Stir in pecans and coconut. Pour into a greased bundt pan..
- Bake 40 minutes or until sticking a tooth pick in and come out dry. Cool 10 minutes until removing from pan..
- Icing. For the frosting, add the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium for 2 minutes. Turn the mixer down to low and gradually add the powder sugar and vanilla. Once combined, turn the mixer up to medium and beat for another two minutes. Now add pecans & coconut and mix for another minute. Spread onto cooled cake and serve. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days!.
Old-fashioned Italian cream cake made with coconut, pecans, and cream cheese frosting. This is a can't-miss authentic Italian cream cake recipe! This extraordinary Italian Cream Cake is made with a cake mix…yes a CAKE MIX! I've never made or eaten an Italian Cream Cake. I can't really tell you why I decided to make this recipe made from a.