You can cook Mexican Rice using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cooking oil.
- You need 4 cups of rice.
- It’s 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tbls of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbls of Caldo de Tomoto.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 9 cups of water.
Mexican Rice step by step
- Heat oil.
- Add rice, toast until brown.
- Warm water in a separate pot. Add salt garlic, onion powder, cumin, black pepper and Caldo de Tomato. Do not boil, just warm..
- Add tomato sauce to water mixture, stir.
- Pour the water mixture over the browned rice, it may create steam be careful. Stir once.
- Cook over low heat uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking COVERED for 25 more minutes. Do not stir.
- Remove from heat, uncover and stir.