Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice.
You can cook Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice
- You need 1/2 of Yellow Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 of Red Onion.
- You need 1 Cup of Golden or Yellow Rice (Arroz Amarillo).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 Tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 3/4 Tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Coriander.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Tumeric.
- You need 1 Can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Water.
- Prepare 12-24 of Pacific Shrimp 26/30 count.
- You need of Mrs. Dash to Taste.
- Prepare of for the sauce.
- Prepare 2 of Cried Prunes Re hydrated.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Orange Marmalade.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Raisins.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Broken Walnuts.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Orange Peel.
Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice step by step
- Place cooking bowl in your Rice Cooker, and add Olive Oil. Turn on and let heat for 1 minute. Add red onion, garlic, oregano, coriander, cumin, salt and turmeric to the bowl; stir using a wooden spoon, to coat with oil. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Add golden rice, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add water; stir. Add drained tomatoes on top of rice – do not stir in. Cover and make sure the Rice Cooker is turned on to cook..
- Use cooking spray on the interior of your steaming tray. Pan fry cleaned (tails off, and deveined if you did not already purchase them that way) shrimp for 1-2 minutes before placing them in the steaming tray. After 25 minutes of the rice cooking, place the steaming tray on the cooking bowl, (or in the cooking bowl, if not using a Cuisinart Rice Cooker / Steamer.) Cook until the rice cooker switches to warm mode..
- WHILE THE RICE IS COOKING, prepare the Sauce – Combine in a small saucepan the 1/4 cup of the marmalade, (reserving the rest) with raisins and prunes. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of marmalade, with walnuts, water and the orange peel..
- To serve, place the rice in soup bowls, arrange the steamed shrimp on top of the rice, and spoon the orange sauce atop the Shrimp and Rice. If you have remaining orange sauce, it can be reserved for several days after for use in other dishes..