You can cook Mexican Rice using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- Prepare 1 of Onion chopped.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Capsicum chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chopped Carrot.
- You need 2 tbsp of boil Corn.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of boil Peas.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ghee/oil.
- It’s 1 cup of Basmati Rice(soaked in water).
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kashmiri Laal mirch powder.
- Prepare of Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- It’s 2 tsp of green chilly sauce.
Mexican Rice instructions
- Take a large pot/ pan in which has ample space for making mexican rice. Put 2 tbsp of ghee/oil in it..
- Remove water from basmati rice and put it in ghee.
- Roast it for 1 min by continuously stiring it on low flame..
- Now put all veggies, that is, onion, capsicum, tomato, peas, corn,carrot in it and stir it..
- Put salt, black pepper, garam masala, kashmiri laal mirch powder in it and mix well. And cook it for another 1 minute..
- Now add water to it and cover the pot/pan with lid or any plate and cook over medium flame..
- Note: do not over cook rice. Once the rice is cooked and water is all soaked remove the lid and lower the flame..
- Now put some green chilly sauce in it. Mix well with light hand so that rice do not breaks.Turn off the flame..
- Tadhaaaa your mexican rice is ready to be served. Garnish it with coriander leaves while serving..