Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches. Make this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Peppers today and enjoy all the Italian flavors. It's very filling, and you can have it on its own or as an easy add-on to zucchini pasta, regular pasta, cauliflower rice, regular rice, mashed cauliflower or potatoes and of course sandwiches. These hearty slow cooker sausage recipes are perfect for supper.
I tossed it in the slow cooker with mushrooms, tomatoes and wine, which helped to mellow. Place slow cooker liner in slow cooker, if desired. If using an electric pressure cooker, fold top edges in before putting on lid. You can cook Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches
- You need 1 package of italian sausage links (Hot, sweet or mild).
- You need 1 package of frozen peppers and onions.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of Italian seasoning.
- It’s of Soft rolls (I use slider sized split hot dog buns).
- It’s 1 jar of your favorite marinara.
- Prepare of Provolone cheese & shaker cheese.
- You need of Provolone cheese & shaker cheese (if desired).
Turn slow cooker on to high heat. Fresh Italian sausage–either spicy or sweet–simmers for hours in prepared pasta sauce with green bell pepper and onion. It's an easy meal served in sandwiches or over Place the Italian sausage links, spaghetti sauce, green pepper and onion into a slow cooker. Stir to coat everything in sauce.
Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches instructions
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add bag of frozen peppers & onions. Add italian seasoning to taste..
- Add sausage links.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Stir occasionally if you can but if not it'll be fine..
- 1 hour prior to them being done add jar of marinara sauce..
- Serve on soft roll or over pasta. I add a slice of provolone before the sausage so it melts and then sprinkle with shaker cheese on top..
Italian Sausage, peppers, and onions happens to be my favorite pizza topping combination, but it also happens to be delicious served by itself as a hearty Italian dinner. And it couldn't be easier to make in the slow cooker. Read on to learn why this amazingly simple slow cooker recipe is one of our test. Combine crushed tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes and olive oil in the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir in onion, bell peppers and Italian sausage.