West Indian Curry Chicken with Squash. This is a basic West Indian curried chicken recipe. Extremely easy to prepare and delicious with standard Caribbean fare. Peas and rice go great with it!
Say hello to one of the most versatile fall meals ever! There's a few tips & tricks to getting this One Pot Butternut Squash Chicken Curry right but other than that it's a pretty simple idea: take all the veggies from your fridge (including seasonal. Many curries are fiery, but this one is gently spiced with turmeric, which alternative-health experts laud as a powerful anti-inflammatory. You can cook West Indian Curry Chicken with Squash using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of West Indian Curry Chicken with Squash
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grape seed oil.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 5 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 cup of cubed squash.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 2 cup of spinach.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 3 tsp of curry.
- Prepare 6 of skinless chicken thighs.
Serve over rice, with lemon wedges. Sprinkle chicken with salt, curry powder, ginger, garlic and raisins. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, cornstarch and sugar. Indian Chicken Curry is savory, creamy, and a little bit spicy, made with lean chicken breast, fat free yogurt, diced tomatoes, and seasoning.
West Indian Curry Chicken with Squash step by step
- chop spinach.
- grate carrots.
- mince garlic.
- heat oil on medium in pan.
- add garlic and cook for one minute.
- add tomato paste, cloves and curry and cook for one minute.
- add tomatoes, carrots and broth and bring to boil.
- add chicken, squash and spinach.
- cover and simmer on low boil for 45 minutes.
- add salt and pepper.
You can also serve with naan instead of rice, or lighten up the dish with spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice. This is a great recipe to make ahead, because the. Make this easy chicken curry recipe for healthy meal ideas. Season, then stir in the curry powder and cinnamon. Cook for another minute, then add the potatoes and chicken.