Jeera rice. Restaurant style & homestyle – both yield delicious, grainy & flavorful cumin Jeera rice recipe How to make jeera rice (Jeera pulao recipe). Jeera rice recipe with step by step photos.
Jeera rice or Zeera rice is an Indian and Pakistani dish consisting of rice and cumin seeds. It is a popular dish in North India and Pakistan as an everyday rice dish. It is easy to prepare, unlike biryani. "Zeera" is the Hindi word for cumin seeds, often pronounced Jeera. You can have Jeera rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jeera rice
- Prepare 1 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 4 of cloves.
- Prepare of Cardamom crushed.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of cumin seeds (jeera).
- Prepare of Pepper crushed.
- Prepare 2 of green chilli.
- You need 1 tsp of ghee.
- You need of Oil.
- You need 0.5 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
This recipe for jeera rice (Indian steamed cumin rice) will never fail you! Simple & flavorful Instant Pot Jeera Rice! Basmati rice flavored with whole cumin seeds makes the Typically, onions are not used in jeera rice. But if you want, you can always add some chopped onion.
Jeera rice instructions
- In a pan take a tsp of oil + cardamom seeds + cinnamon stick + bay leaf + cumin seeds and sauté until it turns aromatic. Meanwhile soak basmati rice in water for 15-30 minutes.
- Now add onion + ginger garlic paste and sauté well. Now add pepper + green chilli..
- Add basmati rice and sauté smoothly. Now add water(1.5 cup). Add salt + a tsp ghee+ bit jaggery. Add coriander leaves as well..
- Let it boil for 20 minutes until water is evaporated. Now add cashews and raisins roasted to it and serve it with gravy..
This jeera rice recipe is PERFECT, non-sticky, fluffy, fragrant and delicious. Each and every method gives perfect taste and texture. Rice cooked along with cumin seeds and whole spices tempered in ghee – aromatic and flavourful. There is not a dish that doesn't taste great with a side of jeera rice. Boiled rice tempered in ghee with cumin seeds.