Chicken mini empanadas. Refrigerated pie crust makes quick work of assembling these bite-sized appetizers loaded with chicken and cheese. I've made them several times since receiving the recipe. Photo: Photo: Keller + Keller / Food Styling: Marie Piraino.
Chicken Mini Empanadas recipe: Over the border classic at your dinner table! In a medium sauce pan, combine chicken, salsa, and olives. Mix the sour cream and garlic powder in small bowl. You can have Chicken mini empanadas using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken mini empanadas
- Prepare 2 packages of ready to bake pie crusts (4 9" rounds).
- You need 9 oz of package short cuts chicken breast, chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of chunky salsa.
- Prepare 3 oz of can sliced ripe olives.
- You need 3/4 cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Prepare of Extra salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for serving (optional).
Serve the empanadas with a dollop of the sour cream mixture. You can also experiment with different fillings such as chili con carne How to make Chicken Empanadas. Make the dough: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Be the first to review this recipe.
Chicken mini empanadas step by step
- Remove pie crusts from packaging and let warm at room temperature for 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 400..
- In medium saucepan, combine chicken, salsa, and olives. Bring to boil, then simmer over medium heat for 5 mins. Remove from heat..
- Lay pie crusts on flat surface, and cut into 3-3 1/2 inch rounds. Each crust will yield 8 – you will need to roll the scraps for the last one..
- Place a teaspoon of chicken mixture on each of the 36 rounds. Top each one with cheese, evenly distributed. Fold the circles in half, and press edges together with fork to seal..
- Place empanadas on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 15 mins or until golden. Serve hot with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole, if desired..
Easy chicken based empanadas for quick snacks for you, the kids, or a last minute get-together! This chicken empanada recipe, known as empanadas de pollo in Spanish, starts with a delicious dough stuffed with a traditional chicken filling, caramelized onions, olives, and pieces of hard-cooked. Mini Empanadas Recipe Chicken Empanadas Sandra Lee Recipes Food Network Recipes Cooking Recipes Cooking Food Cooking Ideas Chicken Minis Cooking With Kids. Chicken empanadas are heavenly mini chicken pies. You can make these goodies ahead of time.