Chinese-style crispy beef.
You can have Chinese-style crispy beef using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese-style crispy beef
- It’s 250 g of beef.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger (I use powder).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 3 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soya sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of water.
- You need of Optional.
- It’s of Spring onion.
Chinese-style crispy beef instructions
- Cut the beef into really thin strips, coat in baking soda and leave for 30 minutes..
- Rinse the beef well in a colander to get rid of the baking soda and put in a bowl. Add soya sauce, garlic and ginger and let marinate for at least 20 minutes (over night in the fridge is the best!)..
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside while cooking the beef..
- Coat the meat in 3 tbsp of corn starch and leave for 10 minutes. Add the last 1 tbsp and then start frying the meat!.
- Make sure the oil is hot when you put the meat in, and cook it in batches. Because the meat is so thinly cut, it only takes 1-2 minutes to cook it. Scoop up from the pan and let dry on some kitchen towels..
- When the beef is done, pour most of the oil out of the pan, turn the heat down and cook the onions for a couple of minutes. Pour the sauce over the onions and let simmer for a minute..
- Add the beef to the sauce and plate up!.